Folks with experience on C318 repatriation visa please help.

melati2648

My parent is an Indonesian citizen (WNI) while I’m a Hong Kong citizen, would you guys happen to know the procedure to obtain the repatriation KITAS C318?

I acquire Chinese (Hong Kong) citizenship from birth, I never had Indonesian citizenship although my mother is Indonesian. Am I still eligible in this case?

You cannot get a repatriation visa/KITAS 318 as you were never been an Indonesian citizen. While your parent is still alive, he/she can sponsor you for a dependant visa/KITAS 317.

Specifically for WNI with adult children? I know of WNA on KITAP with children approaching adult age who are concerned about what to do if their children want to stay longer in Indonesia.

Children-foreigners of Indonesian citizens are not subject to terminating stay permits with reaching the adult age.
JOIN THE PARENT/PARENTS OF INDONESIAN CITIZENS
JOIN THE PARENT/PARENTS OF INDONESIAN CITIZENS WHO HAVE LEGAL FAMILY RELATIONS
I am so incredibly grateful for all the help provided with this bureaucratic stuff. (y)
Our second daughter Dewi, is just about to turn 20, and we want to do this in a much more timely manner than for her older sister, and thus avoid some serious financial consequences. Trying to research it on the Governmenet site is so annoying, although better than having NONE of it available online. Thanks again to all those in the know! ;)

Last edited:
Is your daughter a foreign citizen or double citizenship holder?

Dewi is still a double citizenship holder, as we haven't made the declaration of single nationality yet. WNA-Ibu WNI, born in Bali never left Indonesia.

If she decides to take foreign citizenship, she can get KITAP straight away (if renouncement is done in Indonesia).

You cannot get a repatriation visa/KITAS 318 as you were never been an Indonesian citizen. While your parent is still alive, he/she can sponsor you for a dependant visa/KITAS 317.
I appreciate your insight. However, after confirming with several legal bodies, KITAS C317 is only open for those who are under 18. Since I'm over 18 now and have never been an Indonesian citizen before, apparently I'm not eligible for any form of KITAS.

Family Union KITAS (KITAS Penyatuan Keluarga) is issued to:
  1. Foreigners joining an Indonesian spouse
  2. Dependents (spouse and children below 18 years of age) of a foreigner who is holding KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) or KITAP (Permanent Stay Permit)
  3. Children born of mixed marriage (legal marriage between a foreign and Indonesian national)
So, there are only two ways I can stay in Indonesia: to open a PT PMA (foreign-owned company) or marry an Indonesian citizen. Or do you guys have any further advice?

I appreciate your insight. However, after confirming with several legal bodies, KITAS C317 is only open for those who are under 18. Since I'm over 18 now and have never been an Indonesian citizen before, apparently I'm not eligible for any form of KITAS.

2. Dependents (spouse and children below 18 years of age) of a foreigner who is holding KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) or KITAP (Permanent Stay Permit)
  3. Children born of mixed marriage (legal marriage between a foreign and Indonesian national)
So, there are only two ways I can stay in Indonesia: to open a PT PMA (foreign-owned company) or marry an Indonesian citizen. Or do you guys have any further advice?
I don't know whom did you confirm or consult, but the official and updated immigration website states that you are eligible for KITAS above 18 years of age. Indonesian officials are often not updated with the regulations, and cases like yours are not often. I know at least 2 cases of kids above 18 with Indonesian parent sponsorship that have KITAS/KITAP.

BERGABUNG DENGAN ORANG TUA BAGI ANAK HASIL PERKAWINAN YANG SAH ANTARA ORANG ASING DENGAN WARGA NEGARA INDONESIA ATAU BERGABUNG DENGAN AYAH/IBU WARGA NEGARA INDONESIA

BERGABUNG DENGAN ORANG TUA BAGI ANAK BERKEWARGANEGARAAN ASING YANG MEMILIKI HUBUNGAN HUKUM KEKELUARGAAN DENGAN AYAH DAN/ATAU IBU WARGA NEGARA INDONESIA

I think whoever you talked to may have been confused between KITAS/P (foreigner) holder sponsoring their children, and a WNI parent sponsoring their children. For a foreigner with KITAS/P they can only sponsor their minor (under 18) children. This is your point no 2 in your post. For a WNI, they can sponsor their children of any age (point no 3 in your post, which doesn't show an age limit).

To take the logic further, item 3 ONLY makes sense for children over 18, because children under 18 are Indonesian citizens (WNI) via limited dual nationality (with a very rare exception, which becomes even more rare as time passes: children born prior to 2006 Citizenship law, the vast majority who are now over 18).

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back