Tiny insects in my wardrobe

Samoerai

Maybe someone can help me identify this insect? It is in my clothes. Round, very small,, very fast. Runing around like quick silver. Can not fly, as far I have seen. Easy to pulverize with your finger when catched. Not a moth or pop, nor silverfish. Also not a bed bug. Not termites. This one is much and much smaller. Anyone knows or has experience dealing with this kind of insects.

Last edited:
Have you tried Kamper or Kapur Barus? I am not a big fan of the smell myself but maybe the little guys in the closet aren't either.
Do they ruin your clothes, eat the fabric?

Let's get to the bottom of this.

How small are they and what color?

Have you tried Kamper or Kapur Barus? I am not a big fan of the smell myself but maybe the little guys in the closet aren't either.
Do they ruin your clothes, eat the fabric?
I just put some kapur barus in the wardrobe. I am not sure the insects are eating my clothes, how ever I saw a hole im my cotton pyama trousers. Bit strange.

Let's get to the bottom of this.

How small are they and what color?
Maybe 2 mm. Maybe smaller. Hiding in the collars of my leather jacket and wool shirts (from Holland). At first when they are running around, they appear round-ish and a bit white. I killed some and the insects are pulverized. Not sure what collor, maybe grey?

Last edited:
If they are white and small, maybe they are youngsters of some larger insect. Have you counted their legs, are they 6 or 8? Can you confirm if they have antennae?

If they are white and small, maybe they are youngsters of some larger insect. Have you counted their legs, are they 6 or 8? Can you confirm if they have antennae?
Maybe youngsters of the moths. Not ants. If I see them again I will try to make a picture. I killed the ones I saw, but nothing left to see what it really looked like. They didnot run away in a straight line, but chaotic.

I saw some insects again in my clothes. These ones are even smaller. The youngsters? Made a video and a picture. Video (mp4) I cannot upload.

Attachments

• IMG-20221002-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20221002-WA0002.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20221002-234958_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20221002-234958_WhatsApp.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20221003-083818_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221003-083818_Gallery.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 94
ALIENS! They said they were coming. Do they communicate telepathically? That can be a give away.

ALIENS! They said they were coming. Do they communicate telepathically? That can be a give away.
The insects communicated ... we will take over your world. I said "Don't start here, start at harryopals rumah". ... seriously .. it is annoying .. insects in your cloths. ..

Thank you for the warning.. I once interviewed a fellow, nearly 50 years ago, who claimed he could cure people of illnesses by sending radio signals once you gave him your address. I wonder if it works with tiny insects and if he is still alive?

That said, I am sorry about your problem. I am sure it is not really funny.

I dont know what they are - I had a mate who got some sort of mite in her apartment and helped her do a big eradication job - we basically had to put all her personal belongings into sealed containers (we threw out a lot of her stuff) - all fabrics that could be washed were washed at a high temp and immediately bagged in a vacuum pack. We put Diatomaceous Earth everywhere. Apartment was fumigated and mattresses/ sofas were treated by professionals. It was not fun and I'm glad I didnt have to go through it personally.
So I think whatever it is you should wash everything in that room - and do some fumigation - wash and seal up the clothes somewhere else in the apartment in bags and hope you can stop it before it spreads.

I dont know what they are - I had a mate who got some sort of mite in her apartment and helped her do a big eradication job - we basically had to put all her personal belongings into sealed containers (we threw out a lot of her stuff) - all fabrics that could be washed were washed at a high temp and immediately bagged in a vacuum pack. We put Diatomaceous Earth everywhere. Apartment was fumigated and mattresses/ sofas were treated by professionals. It was not fun and I'm glad I didnt have to go through it personally.
So I think whatever it is you should wash everything in that room - and do some fumigation - wash and seal up the clothes somewhere else in the apartment in bags and hope you can stop it before it spreads.
Yes, the method you describe is the same as bed bugs treatment. I also follow that method. I keep my clothes all in the same room. Treat clothes with hot steam and if I see some insects and egss (?) I spray and rub with alcohol. Some clothes I store in the freezer. Not yet with pesticides.

Last edited:
Yes, the method you describe is the same as bed bugs treatment. I also follow that method. I keep my clothes all in the same room. Treat clothes with steamer and if I see some insects and egss (?) I spray and rub with alcohol. Not yet with pesticides.
You can buy diatomaceous earth on tokopedia and sprinkle it in the corners of the cupboards/ in the room. Not a pesticide so no nasty chemicals - just be careful when sprinkling it so you don't get in your eyes or lungs where it can be uncomfortable.

Bed bugs becoming a worldwide problem. You can easily bring them home from e.g. hotels, hospital, restaurant, taxi, etc. They are resistant now for most pesticides. Crossfire has good results according to experts. But as far as I noticed the insects in my wardrobe and clothes look different and I think are not bed bug related. They resemble 'book lice' by size, form and movements. These insects like damp evironment. Which makes sense, because my house is new, just handed over by the developer. So, the walls are not fully dry yet. The only thing not matches is that the insects are in some of my clothes. But, then again there are more than 60 species of book lice. Maybe one specy likes to hang out in clothes. Neverteless, I am going to lower the humidity in my room with the AC switch to 'dry' ... see if the insects go away.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats