Cabinet Meeting on Immigration

SamR

Not sure exactly what will happen, but immigration became the subject of a cabinet meeting yesterday. Jokowi saying he’s being getting complaints about people wanting to get tourist visa, investor visa, and Kitas and the bureaucracy being “menyulitkan” and calling for changes.

Probably of some interest to the people on here.

The people on the top are misinformed about how things are in the field and in reality. Immigration has been accused but not their fault actually.

The main gridlocks at the moment in the immigration process are BKPM recommendations (required for every work permit, taking one month to get) and too long and complicated work permit process in the Ministry of Manpower (1.5- 2 months).

But I hear this a lot and I've always had my visas done and finished in only a couple of weeks. Even approval and so on
If you have the correct paperwork all in order theres never a problem

It's certain people trying to work in certain roles that they don't accept
Young foreign teachers. Consultancy. Digital something.

But a normal bricks and mortar job for an indonesian company seems pretty swift.

Just my experience

But I hear this a lot and I've always had my visas done and finished in only a couple of weeks. Even approval and so on
If you have the correct paperwork all in order theres never a problem

It's certain people trying to work in certain roles that they don't accept
Young foreign teachers. Consultancy. Digital something.

But a normal bricks and mortar job for an indonesian company seems pretty swift.

Just my experience
If you do not extend the work permit, the KITAS extension will be fast(investors, foreign spouses etc).

However, if you do KITAS to KITAP conversion, it will take months. If you extend your work permit, 1.5-2 months will be just for the work permit. If you do a student visa/KITAS, it will take 3-5 months.

Maybe for your first initial one it might take a few days more but weeks / months for a first Kitas? No wonder so many break the law waiting to start work if it takes 3 months to get approval.

Work permit (BKPM recommendation + work permit-RPTKA) is 1.5-2 months. Work visa is 7-10 days, work KITAS is 7-10 days.

Short report on what was discussed:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf
Back