Indonesian Police Sex-Murder Scandal Kicks Off Major Purge

serious_fun

Cager
https://www.asiasentinel.com/p/indonesia-police-sex-murder-scandal-purge

Indonesian Police Sex-Murder Scandal Kicks Off Major Purge​

Urge to clean up bad cops strengthens after police shooting scandal​

Indonesia’s national police scandal, which started off in early July with salacious reports of a sexual affair between a high-ranking official’s wife and a driver that triggered a murder cover-up, has evolved into a full-scale mess involving dozens of officers including high-ranking ones and accusations of widespread abuse across the entire force including obstruction of justice and reports of a police mafia protecting gambling, prostitution, drug peddling, and a host of other crimes.

Continued here: https://www.asiasentinel.com/p/indonesia-police-sex-murder-scandal-purge

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - Ive been following the story but this is by far the best summary I have seen.

My wife has been obsessed with this story for ages, but I had no idea what it's about. I mean police corruption and extra-judicial murders are hardly surprising here (still remember the JIS case). Having read that I now understand it a bit better. (I'm still finding it hard to get excited about it though)

Operation Sweep under Carpet begins. Again.

When even the KPK are corrupt what hope for the rest of us

Lots of talk now. Some convictions. Then, back to the same oh thing. They will never clean up the police simply because many doing the cleaning are as guilty as the rest.

What next? Clean up the military?

Last edited:
The sex scandal aside, The money involved with drugs tends to corrupt most police drug enforcement agencies. In Melbourne the Drug enforcement group has been disbanded and reformed about three times as corruption had seduced many of the police. Marijuana growing by Mafia in Griffith NSW Victoria had bought protection from police for decades until the murder of anti drug campaigner, Donald Mackay forced police to act.
1661993442802.png
More than 40 years after the contract killing of Donald Mackay, police finished a two-week swoop on the area, netting $23 million worth of marijuana hidden in three vineyards and an orange orchard.

Some 35 years ago a Federal drug enforcement group was disbanded as it was said it would not share information. The former head of the Bureau told me that of course they would not share information with other state police forces as soon as they did so the information went straight back to the major drug dealers.

My wife has been obsessed with this story for ages,
:ROFLMAO: Istri ku juga. She'll tell me the smallest details about the characters involved! It is a gripping tragedy, and hopefully will result in a shakeup (or reassignment?) of the corrupt officers.

So Ferdy (probably) will get life and his wife 8 years. In two weeks. She stated now she was being threatened and blackmailed after being raped by the assistant. Which is ridiculous of course and if must be hell for the next of kin of the victim who obviously can’t defend him.

What is a shame about all this, is that Sambo is one of the high ranking officers who was not afraid of taking action on extremists as the FPI. Remember the toll road shooting with the Rizieq followers? That commitment could be attributed to his religious background. And together with him, his friend -an officer from Chinese descent- who tried to cover up, was also fired. Those things might seem irrelevant to an outsider but are rather significant in this society.

Last edited:
Anyway, the latest scandal is the “Audi case”.

So a black Audi followed a priority transport. You know the ones, that motorcade which could contain a minister late for a meeting or his wife for the lunch at the shopping mall.

A student on a motorbike was killed, it is unclear if this was by an Innova or by the Audi.

But here it comes; the young lady who was the passenger in the Audi stated she was the wife of a police officer and therefore entitled to join that priority queue.

The police was not so keen on investigating. Obviously the social media went crazy and all kind of things popped up. Why did the woman state the policeman was her husband while he is married to someone else? How can he afford an Audi A6 with a value of 1,7 billion with a police salary? Etc. etc.

Now the police force is in full damage control and investigating.

Ironically the police general. Ferdy Sambo was in charge of the case reported some while ago where a mother and daughter here in Bali had met a visiting Saudi Princess who decided she wanted to buy a villa. In response to an offer for help from the mother and daughter the Princess sent $35million US for the purchase and later another $500,000. The mother and daughter bought some land and some properties for themselves but no villa. I am sure they would have got healthy commissions had they followed through but greed is such a powerful motivator so they just kept the money. They have just been given sentences of 19 years gaol and lucky they didn't get a visit from Saudi "visitors" to sort them out. However, there is still about $27 million US unaccounted for. One can't help but wonder if Ferdy might know something of the missing millions. By the way, I am inclined to suppose that after a few years there may be "special" considerations leading to a release for Ferdy rather than the full life term.

Earlier, as this present murder trial got under way, there were also allusions to other police corruption involving drug dealers, prostitution rackets and other criminal activities. Might we hear more about this?

And the police has to run the gauntlet some more.

A retired police officer in a Pajero hit a university student on a motorbike in South Jakarta.

The police investigation claimed the motorbike was riding at a very high speed and the student fell because of bad road conditions. Of course that could be true but it, as so often, is perceived as a cover-up and a hand-over-the-head by policemen when colleagues are involved.

The parents of the boy ask why instead of offering help the driver abandoned the victim and let him to die on the street.

I just saw on the news that pretty boy Richard Eliezer -the one who killed Yosua- has quite a female following. They come to court and support him, it looked like a K-Pop boysband event.

Ah, there’s another high profile case with a police general named Teddy Minahasa (Putra). He was an officer at the Indonesian National Police Headquarters. He also served as an assistant to VP Jusuf Kalla at the time, he has a law degree.

A bit over three months ago Teddy got arrested for dealing and selling 5 kg of Meth. Now it seems that during the destruction of 35 kg of Meth during police actions in West Sumatra, some police officers decided not to destroy but sell the evidence.

Teddy must have quite some funds available, since he can afford the famous Batak lawyer Hotman Paris.

1675347253895.jpeg

Putri Candrawathi, the wife of the police general, just got 20 years.

The general Ferdy Sambo received the death sentence.

Richard Eliezer, the assistant who shot Yosua, will hear his vonis on Wednesday.

he will appeal; gets 20 years, then good behavior in prison gives him an additional discount 10 years or even more; max spent in prison not more than 10 years.
her, similar - probably in 5 years she will be released.
Hope I'm wrong

Ferdy had supporters wearing black shirts with his image at the court. I can't believe there could be anyone supporting this guy. Evidently they were younger but refused to talk to any news media.

She was basically the cause of this whole mess so probably deserving of the sentence. I believe their is a policy in place that anyone must serve 1/2 their sentence before they can be released although that has not been fully enforced. As for him and the death sentence, that may never happen. Appeal may give him time instead and thinking about it, when was the last execution? There is a strong voice to stop the death penalties so instead of eliminating it, they will just not carry any out.

Ferdy had a long time with the police. Depending on where he is encarcerated and how much money he has at his disposal, he may not be very welcomed in the prison population.

The "Sambo sentencing" is certainly making the headlines around the world.

She was basically the cause of this whole mess so probably deserving of the sentence. I believe their is a policy in place that anyone must serve 1/2 their sentence before they can be released although that has not been fully enforced. As for him and the death sentence, that may never happen. Appeal may give him time instead and thinking about it, when was the last execution? There is a strong voice to stop the death penalties so instead of eliminating it, they will just not carry any out.

Ferdy had a long time with the police. Depending on where he is encarcerated and how much money he has at his disposal, he may not be very welcomed in the prison population.
He knows too much and he is probably an inconvenient witness and he will be sent to death row as soon as possible. That looks more probable.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819