Advice on visa choice, fees etc.

Choose B211A from Agency your girlfriend cant apply for you atm, also whichever Agency you will use make sure with them before applying for visa that they will give away their sponsorship later to your Girlfriend, bcs in my case my Agent was ***** he didnt want to give his Sponsor ID and i got stuck with hard way and extra waste of money and time. Good luck!
Thanks buddy, can you recommend any agency. Hope you have sorted out the issue

Hi snpark , I have a little different situation here need your help in choosing which visa to take. I am an Indian National holding an Indian Passport coming to Indonesia to get married to my Indonesian girlfriend . So should i choose B211 Visa ,C317 Visa or can i opt for VOA also because after marriage i will apply for my KITAS and planning to stay there only.

Sorry I'm not an agent or Immigration lawyer so I suggest you talk to your nearest consulate. Usually you would need a B211 and they can help you with the application

Thanks buddy, can you recommend any agency. Hope you have sorted out the issue
You can go with any i dont have a specific for you right now. Just make sure with them before you apply for B211A that they will give you their sponsor ID and sponsor letter later to transfer the sponsorship to your wife thats all.

Sorry I'm not an agent or Immigration lawyer so I suggest you talk to your nearest consulate. Usually you would need a B211 and they can help you with the application
Thanks for the heads up . Will check with the Embassy

You can go with any i dont have a specific for you right now. Just make sure with them before you apply for B211A that they will give you their sponsor ID and sponsor letter later to transfer the sponsorship to your wife thats all.
Okay thanks , I hope i will check with Indonesia Embassy in my country first

Choose B211A from Agency your girlfriend cant apply for you atm, also whichever Agency you will use make sure with them before applying for visa that they will give away their sponsorship later to your Girlfriend, bcs in my case my Agent was ***** he didnt want to give his Sponsor ID and i got stuck with hard way and extra waste of money and time. Good luck!
That is not entirely accurate, as I understand it. But hey, I've certainly been wrong before.
In my experience, if you submit a letter to the Agent, granting them the right to represent and file forms on your behalf, with your girlfriend as your sponsor, if she would be deemed an eligible sponsor, after going through the online Sponsor Registration Application process. BUT, if she has been through the online registration process, and already received an email stating that her online sign-up application has been accepted? Then you could submit the application for an eVisa through the online application process, without having to pay the typically overpriced fees of an Agent. Before an application will be considered, a nonrefundable fee of 2 juta needs to be paid.

Should you choose to use the VOA, you MAY be able to convert it to an ITAS, KITAS, then KITAP, but I am not SURE about that. Research VOA and see if there might be stipulations about those issues. I just searched on the Imiggration website, but I couldn't find anything relating to such a gambit.
Good luck.
GOOD IDEA! Check with your local Embassy, hopefully the information will be accurate, and it will certainly be less annoying than trying to use the online chat bot.

Last edited:
That is not entirely accurate, as I understand it. But hey, I've certainly been wrong before.
In my experience, if you submit a letter to the Agent, granting them the right to represent and file forms on your behalf, with your girlfriend as your sponsor, if she would be deemed an eligible sponsor, after going through the online Sponsor Registration Application process. BUT, if she has been through the online registration process, and already received an email stating that her online sign-up application has been accepted? Then you could submit the application for an eVisa through the online application process, without having to pay the typically overpriced fees of an Agent. Before an application will be considered, a nonrefundable fee of 2 juta needs to be paid.

Should you choose to use the VOA, you MAY be able to convert it to an ITAS, KITAS, then KITAP, but I am not SURE about that. Research VOA and see if there might be stipulations about those issues. I just searched on the Imiggration website, but I ouldn't find anything relating to such a gambit.
Good luck.
GOOD IDEA! Check with your local Embassy, hopefully the information will be accurate, and it will certainly be less annoying than trying to use the online chat bot.
Many things have changed recently even in the last 2 months
So yes you are incorrect on several things

When I'm right no one remembers
When I'm wrong no one forgets
I can safely state, without equivocation, nor fear of contradiction, that one of those erroneous statements was not,
I've certainly been wrong before?

@manish You may marry in Indonesia with VOA or with B211A, but with VOA you will need to leave the country to get a spouse visa, while a B211A can be converted to a spouse visa without leaving the country. You do not need an agent to get a B211A; your future spouse or one of her family members could be the sponsor.

@manish You may marry in Indonesia with VOA or with B211A, but with VOA you will need to leave the country to get a spouse visa, while a B211A can be converted to a spouse visa without leaving the country. You do not need an agent to get a B211A; your future spouse or one of her family members could be the sponsor.
@R Cameron Thanks for clarifying it . I have asked my girlfriend to register and apply for B211A visa for me . Let's see if i can get one.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiatestaging
Back