ITK to Spouse Kitas Conversion

How long did it took for you to get the ITAP. Seriously Bandung office is way behind. MOST officers upstairs are very rude and lack of customer service skills. They act like they are doing a great favor to us. Phew.
It took me 7 weeks to get my ITAS.
Are we allow to submit our application directly with Jakarta office?
Compared to Jakarta so far Bandung has been really good. At least they respond. Like when applying for the conversion we finished with Bandung in about 3 days.

We had the interview the day after paying.

Since mid April we have been waiting for the Ditjen Approval.

I hope your visit will turn out well. @Jaime C is correct, a visit (or multiple visits if things aren't solved in one go) to the immigration is your best move now. In dealing with Indonesian bureaucracy, they (meaning bureaucrats in the agencies I've dealt with) somehow prefer it if the person they're dealing with comes in person. The Immigration Office I'm registered at is responsive when answering enquiries over the phone, WA, and social media but their response to any follow-up question is inevitably "Please come into our immigration office so you can chat in more detail with an immigration officer there".

I don't buy the whole "being more strict" as an explanation for your delay. All they have to do now is give back your passport and give you the E-Kitas. If they're being more strict, one would think the increased strictness would have been reflected earlier in the process when they're trying to verify things rather than now.
The local imigrasi office has been okay with responding. It's the Ditjen that's been the issue.

They just keep saying:
"Saat ini berkas permohonan sebagaimana dimaksud masih dalam proses tahapan Pemeriksaan Kasubdit Izin Tinggal"

This is when they actually respond though

But when I ask for clarification why it's been on the same status they say their system is broken, or in trouble. But somehow everyone else is getting their stuff approved 😂

Update. Went to Ditjen Imigrasi in Jakarta. Waited for two hours downstairs. They now say I can collect my Kitas in Bandung Tomorrow.

So moral of the story. If it's stuck go in person. It will unstuck. Now hopefully Bandung side says its ready so I can finally get everything situated.

On the way to Imigrasi Bandung today, they messaged us and told us to come on Friday. So now on Friday need to run around and try to get all the paperwork at the other offices done so I don't have to worry about my other visa expiring.

We will gladly help you Tuesday for a hamburger, todayyyyyyy. :)

We will gladly help you Tuesday for a hamburger, todayyyyyyy. :)
That's what it's felt like today. I feel silly that I had to wait extra days for them to stamp and sign my passport. There were a lot of American passports with runners in Bandung today too.

The EKitas just came to the email. But it has my address as just the word Kuta. Too tired to complain.

Police are holding up the process now. Said that they needed until Monday to do the STM. Luckily everything is open on Monday. Even though it's a holiday.

That's what it's felt like today. I feel silly that I had to wait extra days for them to stamp and sign my passport. There were a lot of American passports with runners in Bandung today too.

The EKitas just came to the email. But it has my address as just the word Kuta. Too tired to complain.

Police are holding up the process now. Said that they needed until Monday to do the STM. Luckily everything is open on Monday. Even though it's a holiday.
Why do you need a STM?

Why do you need a STM?
Surat Tandor Melapor / Police report from the regional Police office where you reside . I've needed it for all my Kitas renewals , Alhi Status/Coversion to Kitap and most other Government dealings , Sim , KTP , KK etc. Receptionist at the local Police office gave me a 5 year one when I renewed it for the Alhi Status/Convesion to Kitap .

Surat Tandor Melapor / Police report from the regional Police office where you reside . I've needed it for all my Kitas renewals , Alhi Status/Coversion to Kitap and most other Government dealings , Sim , KTP , KK etc. Receptionist at the local Police office gave me a 5 year one when I renewed it for the Alhi Status/Convesion to Kitap .
Thanks for summing it up. I just got the email about fastpitchs question.

Was wondering, do we have to do a new one for each kitas renewal? All I've read online is that the STM and the Registration at the local office need to be done within 14 days of getting the Kitas.

Like I don't mind getting the domicile letter again each year since I live within a 2 minute walk from each of the offices, but the Bandung police headquarters and the other office are quite far from my house and a pain to find parking. (had to park almost a km away and walk the other day)

Back in the day, (last year) when Catsip started telling me I needed a STM I thought they were wrong and contacted family in the AGs office. This was his reply and what I took to Catsip where they dropped the demand as well as informed the police and got no argument.

"The Regulation that require foreign national to report to the Police refers to Article 61 Law No. 9 Year 1992 on Immigration, however that Law has been revoke by Law No. 6 Year 2011 on Immigration. That Law constitute a new requirement regarding reports of well being of foreign as stipulated on Article 71 as follow "Any foreign that resides on Indonesian soil are required to a. presents all information needed on his/ his family identity, and report any changes on civil status, citizenship, work, sponsor or address to local immigration office. That Law has been also acknowledge by Law No. 11 Year 2020 on Omnibus Law which stipulates exactly the same. So by those law, there's no more Law that constitute your obligations to report to the Police. If they demand so, could they please inform the regulations that they are referring to?"

Back in the day, (last year) when Catsip started telling me I needed a STM I thought they were wrong and contacted family in the AGs office. This was his reply and what I took to Catsip where they dropped the demand as well as informed the police and got no argument.

"The Regulation that require foreign national to report to the Police refers to Article 61 Law No. 9 Year 1992 on Immigration, however that Law has been revoke by Law No. 6 Year 2011 on Immigration. That Law constitute a new requirement regarding reports of well being of foreign as stipulated on Article 71 as follow "Any foreign that resides on Indonesian soil are required to a. presents all information needed on his/ his family identity, and report any changes on civil status, citizenship, work, sponsor or address to local immigration office. That Law has been also acknowledge by Law No. 11 Year 2020 on Omnibus Law which stipulates exactly the same. So by those law, there's no more Law that constitute your obligations to report to the Police. If they demand so, could they please inform the regulations that they are referring to?"
This is probably true on a national level. Local municipalities may have their own rules and regulations though.

From what I've learned about SEA the past 7 years, no two offices will ask the same thing. Some ask for much more than others, some way less. Here has been pretty straight forward. The STM was on the list from the local registration office for getting the KK and other forms from them. It's free, like the domicile letter, but required to get documents. From the local office.

Imigrasi in Malaysia is worse compared to here when it comes to documents as they actually ask for much more that isn't even on the list they give you. Like pictures of the inside of your house and work as well as coming to your house unannounced to check if you actually live there while you're at work or in bed. I had one such visit at 2am before. None of which is required by law, but they do anyway.

This is probably true on a national level. Local municipalities may have their own rules and regulations though.

From what I've learned about SEA the past 7 years, no two offices will ask the same thing. Some ask for much more than others, some way less. Here has been pretty straight forward. The STM was on the list from the local registration office for getting the KK and other forms from them. It's free, like the domicile letter, but required to get documents. From the local office.

Imigrasi in Malaysia is worse compared to here when it comes to documents as they actually ask for much more that isn't even on the list they give you. Like pictures of the inside of your house and work as well as coming to your house unannounced to check if you actually live there while you're at work or in bed. I had one such visit at 2am before. None of which is required by law, but they do anyway.
We're not in Malaysia now. My experience is that yes, a lot of manicapalities do have on their list of things a foreigner need the STM. Mainly simply because localities never update anything yet alone familiarize with new laws. My Catsip had the STM in their list of needs. Once advised of the current laws they dropped it. If you want to go through and play around with the police stuff, be my guest. Maybe your CatSip just don't know.

I gave you the federal law. The police are no longer responsible for a foreigner. Immigration is. You want to argue about it, ignore me because I gave you the guidelines and that's it. Spend that energy showing your CatSip the federal law.

We're not in Malaysia now. My experience is that yes, a lot of manicapalities do have on their list of things a foreigner need the STM. Mainly simply because localities never update anything yet alone familiarize with new laws. My Catsip had the STM in their list of needs. Once advised of the current laws they dropped it. If you want to go through and play around with the police stuff, be my guest. Maybe your CatSip just don't know.

I gave you the federal law. The police are no longer responsible for a foreigner. Immigration is. You want to argue about it, ignore me because I gave you the guidelines and that's it. Spend that energy showing your CatSip the federal law.
Not sure where you took my reply as arguing with you 🤷‍♂️ was just telling my experience so far. The local office here requires the STM. Already asked them as per your suggestion. And it's still required for their records

OK, you asked them on a Sunday.
We asked them on Friday as we already had read that it may or may not be required. That's how we ended up applying for the STM as they still required it.

Disdukcapil here is quite responsive and does answer on weekends, though I doubt they would answer today with the holiday.

I'm not trying to be argumentative.
Apologies for sharing my experience thus far as it seems to have offended you.

No offence. I take it that talking to them on Friday did not include any reference to the current UU which they seem to not be familure with. Asking them is of course going to get you their standard answer based on what they knew from the past. Too many times government offices only get updated information when someone presents it to them. At least help out any that come after you.

Everybody has their own opinions and ways doing things but arguing with ANY government authority and trying to convince them that they are wrong is not on my list of things to do. If that's how you want to do, have fun. I have never corrected anyone by throwing someone else's interpretation of the law in their face to see how well it works and I'm not about to start today.

Everybody has their own opinions and ways doing things but arguing with ANY government authority and trying to convince them that they are wrong is not on my list of things to do. If that's how you want to do, have fun. I have never corrected anyone by throwing someone else's interpretation of the law in their face to see how well it works and I'm not about to start today.
Not my experience. I "updated" KanIm Jember on aspects of KITAS requirements without any negative consequences. And I don't think I'd characterise what Fastpitch is offering as "interpretation".

Not sure where you took my reply as arguing with you 🤷‍♂️ was just telling my experience so far. The local office here requires the STM. Already asked them as per your suggestion. And it's still required for their records
I’m in Bandung, and I don’t recall needing the STM for any of my Kitas/Kitaps.

Ms. Badazz?

I only had to get a STM when I arrived here in Indonesia with sosbud visa back in 2017, for Itas conversion and itap i didn't need it and the local kanIm didn't ask for it either.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back