Bring back masculinity

Normal means there is a natural logical purpose.
Nature doesn't have a process that always appears logical. I know a few years ago there was some research into the beneficial impacts of having a gay man in a family group - an adult without their own children has more time to look after other family members. I can't find the paper now but I seem to recall it was from Italy. I need to find better search phrases to locate it.

Love is not natural or logical then. Born with a physical handicap would be normal for that individual but not logical for your single brain to accept. You are logical and normal simply to your thinking. We will keave it at that.

Its difficult to debate logically with a mentally ill person because they usually stop taking their medication. 😀 😀

Its difficult to debate logically with a mentally ill person because they usually stop taking their medication. 😀 😀
People with mental illness do not always need medication.
Frequently they don't, actually.
Define mental illness.

People can have difficulty debating logically, or even carrying on an informed conversation, for any number of reasons.

Umm ... you are aware that a certain German (Austrian, actually) politician (and failed artist) and some of his friends decided that since birth defects, physical deformities, mental disabilities, mental illnesses, etc, "serve no logical purpose", the existence of such individuals was unnecessary and a burden to the rest of society and as such deserved to be (and were) "exterminated"?? Aren't you?

If this is really how you look at things, I pity you.

Umm ... you are aware that a certain German (Austrian, actually) politician (and failed artist) and some of his friends decided that since birth defects, physical deformities, mental disabilities, mental illnesses, etc, "serve no logical purpose", the existence of such individuals was unnecessary and a burden to the rest of society and as such deserved to be (and were) "exterminated"?? Aren't you?

If this is really how you look at things, I pity you.

Did I say anything about harming people? Its about defining normal...

Did I say anything about harming people? Its about defining normal...

.... and I illustrated for you an extremely "logical" outcome that followed (in actual history) the demarcation of some attributes in humans as "normal" and others as "abnormal". So for myself, I'll happily stick with the notion (however illogical it may be) that everything humans are and do, is somewhere on the spectrum of "normal".

.... and I illustrated for you an extremely "logical" outcome that followed (in actual history) the demarcation of some attributes in humans as "normal" and others as "abnormal". So for myself, I'll happily stick with the notion (however illogical it may be) that everything humans are and do, is somewhere on the spectrum of "normal".
If everything is normal than the word has no meaning. Every physical and mental behavior is normal. No need for the words handicap or insane.

If everything is normal than the word has no meaning. Every physical and mental behavior is normal. No need for the words handicap or insane.
Don't you know? You are supposed to be silent now, he basically more or less called you a Nazi. That means this discussion is over and you don't need to think further anymore.😉

Don't you know? You as one of the 99.something percent should be happy that you are "normal". Well, at least with that I can still agree to some extent.

I lead this kind of discussions before and it is really annoying and tiring, especially in the oh so "woke" internet. People don't even try to get the point, they just wanna be political correct or assume you are a mass murderer of minorities. Never in my life I was hateful or intolerant, in any way, to people who didn't confront me disrespectfully. And even then Iam not hateful to a group, just react to a behavior towards me. Maybe we can put it like this, nature will somehow always produce 1% of people that are different, but if the 99% are normal and the 1%, what's the point then? We are all human and should be respected, no matter what gender we have or whatever is different in us. People who want to kill people for not fitting a norm will always excist, just choose the topic. If it is not gender, it will be religion or the color of our hair. Some people are able to point something out without the intention to kill someone, others will always find a reason. Just saying the purpose nature has given us (if we don't believe in anything higher) probably is to live and reproduce, no matter what else we wanna make up with our fabulous brain of ours (I personally believe in nature and something higher like a soul and whatnot, that's another discussion though). Then people who can't reproduce, are probably not normal in this specific sense.

Of course that doesn't make me walk around hurting people or telling them to their face that they are not normal. Again, we are all human and I don't have a problem with anyone as long as you don't hurt others.

In a discussion like this though, it should be possible to point something out as normal or not so normal without the intention of hating someone. I know it doesn't sound nice calling someone not normal, but it always depends on the context and isn't always meant in a hurtful way. What I mean is, it should be possible to define what is normal and what not under scientific criterias for example. I feel like Iam moving in circles and already talked way too long.

Iam not so much about this whole rights to whoever discussion (that's another discussion again). I just think things like different/not normal or normal can excist without meaning any harm.
Ok Iam outta here. Cheers to everyone, probably some people won't drink with Nazis though....

Last edited:
Aren't we all unique in our own ways? And in that sense, abnormal? left handad, not normal. need glasses, handicapped.

Categorizing persons as normal and abnormal is a step down the wrong path; its a values judgement, an assignment of worth, its not science. Persons with mental illness like those afflicted with a disease attaching their physical health are sick. Its a value judgment to classify either as abnormal, a value judgement that can and has been used to justify disparate treatment.

We are all born different. Differences that are probably near infinite in number; then we compound those glorious differences we are born with, by differing social, religious, cultural and (you name it) other constructs we employ in educating our offspring.

To my thinking differences are to be celebrated; they are the basis of our evolution. And its not an evolution toward a "normal" race, where normal is a stand-in for aryan, but toward a time when acceptance of the equal worth of all shapes, sizes, colors, genders, mental capacities, and the myriad of other human differences is our parament defining value. And yes, that includes acceptance as of equal worth, members of the LGBTQ community.

I am abnormally normal. If there was a normal we would all need the exact same DNA to come to a normal. Same fingerprints to come to a normal. We would all dress exactly alike to come to a normal. We would be a population of the most boring race in the Universe.

I guess "normal" is now a trigger word. I will add to the ever-growing list. It's also interesting to hear all or nothing arguments against the word normal. It appears that is the new trend with every discussion. No place left for centrists.

Reactions: Bob
I guess "normal" is now a trigger word. I will add to the ever-growing list. It's also interesting to hear all or nothing arguments against the word normal. It appears that is the new trend with every discussion. No place left for centrists.
You have to be nirmal to be centrists or centriste to be normal? I think your definition would be more like anyone that agrees with you in every aspect of life is normal. Guess what? That just puts you under the big abnormal umbrella. Normal only exist for a singular individual who thinks they are normal. Basically, one person or all people in the world.

I’m all about inclusion, but sometimes I feel that some folks want to have the cake and eat it too.

In order to provide additional help or preferential treatment to disadvantaged classes, you first need to define the characteristics of the class. Like when you reserve seats in a bus or a train car for a certain class, you have to define the members of that preferential class, you can’t just say “for everybody” because you refuse to acknowledge diversity. You can’t purge the language from any ‘disability’ term while giving them special accomodation at the same time. If everybody is the same, then nobody can get special treatment.

IMHO we shouldn’t pretend that diversity doesn’t exist. We should acknowledge it and find ways to include everybody.

I’m all about inclusion, but sometimes I feel that some folks want to have the cake and eat it too.

In order to provide additional help or preferential treatment to disadvantaged classes, you first need to define the characteristics of the class. Like when you reserve seats in a bus or a train car for a certain class, you have to define the members of that preferential class, you can’t just say “for everybody” because you refuse to acknowledge diversity. You can’t purge the language from any ‘disability’ term while giving them special accomodation at the same time. If everybody is the same, then nobody can get special treatment.

IMHO we shouldn’t pretend that diversity doesn’t exist. We should acknowledge it and find ways to include everybody.
I don't think anyone is denying diversity. More like saying there is definately diversity. What isn't known is just what normal is. If everyone can fit this or that way into something diverse then what is normal? It seems the term normal only applies to oneself when starring into a mirror. How can two people standing side by side both claim normalcy when there are obvious diferences? Which one is normal and which one is lying?

I don't think anyone is denying diversity. More like saying there is definately diversity. What isn't known is just what normal is. If everyone can fit this or that way into something diverse then what is normal? It seems the term normal only applies to oneself when starring into a mirror. How can two people standing side by side both claim normalcy when there are obvious diferences? Which one is normal and which one is lying?
Is this classified as diversity?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back