Problem with website, sponsor applying for visa C318

rahmis4ri1

Hi All, me and my sponsor (brother) are trying to apply for VITAS C318. But hit a problem because the only option for the foreigner's location is Indonesia, while I'm currently not in Indonesia, and never had an ITAS before. Confused!

Please help. Thanks!
vitas.jpg

Hi All, me and my sponsor (brother) are trying to apply for VITAS C318. But hit a problem because the only option for the foreigner's location is Indonesia, while I'm currently not in Indonesia, and never had an ITAS before. Confused!

Please help. Thanks!View attachment 2453

Looks like the offshore application for C318 has not been reopened since the pandemic. You can have your brother try the offline process (go in-person), or just wait until they once again re-open the application for offshore.

Alternatively, you can try applying for a 6-month tourist visa, since that is the length of stay you indicated in your other thread. This is cheaper and easier anyway.

My journey in journaling
Looks like the offshore application for C318 has not been reopened since the pandemic. You can have your brother try the offline process (go in-person), or just wait until they once again re-open the application for offshore.

Alternatively, you can try applying for a 6-month tourist visa, since that is the length of stay you indicated in your other thread. This is cheaper and easier anyway.
If I go in using this 6 month tourist visa, can I apply for a VITAS while I'm in Indonesia, or convert this visa?
I'm assuming yes?

My journey in journaling

If I go in using this 6 month tourist visa, can I apply for a VITAS while I'm in Indonesia, or convert this visa?
I'm assuming yes?

Prior to Pandemic: Your brother should sponsor you for an Ijin Kunjungan (formerly SosBud) for the purpose of a family visit, and this should be convertible within Indonesia with the same sponsor to family or ex-WNI ITAS.

Now obtaining VITAS within Indonesia is even easier, because they allow on-shore applications for many categories. However, as things normalize, immigration may cancel some of these. I hope they don't because there is really no reason to require someone to leave the country and re-enter to change visa categories, as they did previously.

This is the reply from them:

Untuk saat ini pengajuan visa C318 masih belum dibuka, oleh karena itu belum dapat diajukan melalui visa online.

Hormat Kami,
Humas Ditjenim

At this point, since Bali is open with VOA, can I get in using that, and then apply for KITAS?

Sorry if this is repetitive, I'm still not very clear if it has to be a certain type of visa before converting it to KITAS.

VOA can not be converted to any other visa. You need to start with a B211 visit visa.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back