When do the schools go back after Corona?

We can definitely minimize Covid-19 risk by using sanitizer capable of covering surfaces with self-sanitizing coating. Virol-Oxy is a good example of such sanitizer. Virol-Oxy is made in Germany and capable of providing extended protection against virus, bacteria and fungi with only one spray. It's also safer than other conventional disinfectant/sanitizer because it's not flammable and doesn't cause skin irritation. Our kids are also using Virol-Oxy on their hands whenever we go out. I'm currently spraying this at our offices on weekly basis. The cost is minimal because a litre Virol-Oxy cost as low as Rp12.500 or US$0.86. This is way more affordable and safer than other disinfectant/sanitisers sold in the market. So it's worth looking into it because we have been using this since early 2021.

UVC air purification system can also be combined with such advanced sanitizer to further minimize Covid-19 risk. I read in a literature that if air in a room can be disinfected at least 5 times per hour, the risk of Covid-19 becomes very low. But the question is, will international schools invest in such equipment to reduce Covid-19 risk.

Reads a bit like a promotion to me. Do you have an interest in it?

Actually, I went ahead and looked at Watch Water's website (the supposed parent company), and it is also bunkum, filled with a mix of scientific sounding stuff and weirdness.

I'll eat my hat if this is a legit and well reputed company.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-03-17-34-08-706_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-03-17-34-08-706_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 167
Hi Guys:

We can definitely minimize Covid-19 risk by using sanitizer capable of covering surfaces with self-sanitizing coating. Virol-Oxy is a good example of such sanitizer. Virol-Oxy is made in Germany and capable of providing extended protection against virus, bacteria and fungi with only one spray. It's also safer than other conventional disinfectant/sanitizer because it's not flammable and doesn't cause skin irritation. Our kids are also using Virol-Oxy on their hands whenever we go out. I'm currently spraying this at our offices on weekly basis. The cost is minimal because a litre Virol-Oxy cost as low as Rp12.500 or US$0.86. This is way more affordable and safer than other disinfectant/sanitisers sold in the market. So it's worth looking into it because we have been using this since early 2021.

UVC air purification system can also be combined with such advanced sanitizer to further minimize Covid-19 risk. I read in a literature that if air in a room can be disinfected at least 5 times per hour, the risk of Covid-19 becomes very low. But the question is, will international schools invest in such equipment to reduce Covid-19 risk.

So you missed the point of this thread to do a bit of promotional work. Are you interest in buying property? I have a house for sale near a lake here in Jakarta.

First day in school for my kids since more than a year...
What a blessing it is to have my office back for me alone and no online course to hear, unexpected embarrassing geometry questions from my kids to answer...etc :LOL:

Found out my school is going hybrid in July and parents will have the option to have their kids do online or f2f. Everything I have read about schools' going hybrid from teachers is it is nothing, but a nightmare. I am not looking forward to it.

Found out my school is going hybrid in July and parents will have the option to have their kids do online or f2f. Everything I have read about schools' going hybrid from teachers is it is nothing, but a nightmare. I am not looking forward to it.

From my experience working in classrooms in US public schools which are under hybrid teaching status, "nightmare" might be a bridge too far, but it can definitely be chaotic and frustrating for teachers, students, and parents. For sure the quality and efficacy of instruction and learning are necessarily impaired by the juggling of two different circus acts by the same teacher on a daily basis. It is much better if there were one teacher for the F2F students, and another dedicated teacher for the online students, but we don't have that option / luxury in my working environment.

My son has been on a hybrid program in the US all this year (actually worked out well), he will be enrolled at Bali Island (International) School for the next term and they have said all teachers and staff are now vaccinated and they plan to start in person classes with the new term in August.

From my experience working in classrooms in US public schools which are under hybrid teaching status, "nightmare" might be a bridge too far, but it can definitely be chaotic and frustrating for teachers, students, and parents. For sure the quality and efficacy of instruction and learning are necessarily impaired by the juggling of two different circus acts by the same teacher on a daily basis. It is much better if there were one teacher for the F2F students, and another dedicated teacher for the online students, but we don't have that option / luxury in my working environment.

If you have two separate classes, one for f2f and one for online, this would would be the ideal hybrid(this idea has already been nixed by the principal). The problem with what most schools used, f2 and online at the same time is, half the class can't hear what is being said if a classmate doesn't speak loud enough. I have read multiple examples on reddit where teachers were spending half their time repeating everything and dealing with internet issues while trying to teach two groups.

A survey has been sent out to parents this week so I am hoping they all agree f2f is the best option. All the high school teachers have received the two jabs of the vaccine or will by July. I believe the same with Jr. High. We had to fill out a form recently and one the questions was have you received the vaccine followed by why not. Talking with a mate from rugby, he said his school has basically said, get the vaccine or lose your job.

Talking with a mate from rugby, he said his school has basically said, get the vaccine or lose your job.

Funny - at least one private school in Florida told its teachers the exact opposite: If they get the vaccine, they lose their job. Troglodytes.

Funny - at least one private school in Florida told its teachers the exact opposite: If they get the vaccine, they lose their job. Troglodytes.
And the crazy governor and repub legislature has signed on to this approach.

And the crazy governor and repub legislature has signed on to this approach.
It is completely bizarre. How can people become so frenzied in their desire to deny others safety precautions? It is just so supremely irrational.
I saw a clip of Tucker Carlson saying that parents who force their children to wear masks are committing child abuse and should be reported as such. Just... what?

I saw that and from what I have heard, it is a charter school. They might as well close the school now. I wonder how many teachers they have lost over this.

I saw that and from what I have heard, it is a charter school. They might as well close the school now. I wonder how many teachers they have lost over this.
I don't know about teachers but from some things I have seen they have lost some students who parents believe in mask and vaccinations. Evidently parents sign a contract and are not allowed to speak negatively about the school. According to one parent I have seen an interview with who had pulled their child out and can now talk, she said there is a lot of talk by parents but they can not speak out because of the contract and because they will be attacked viciously in social medias.

So in an interesting turn of events, we were asked to fill out a survey asking about our experience working from how we felt bout teaching at home, stress, etc... At the end, we were asked if we preferred to teach at school or home. I am almost wondering if this will play a factor if we do hybrid or not. Parents have also been sent a survey so it will be interesting what they have to say.

I should note, the high school would be okay if we returned face to face, but every level below that, it would be a nightmare due to the number of students in each grade if social distancing and other protocals are followed.

So we found out the rough results of the survey that had been sent out to parents. 80% of the parents don't want f2f at this time. Looks like at least 1 more semester of online learning.

Now if you excuse me, I need to go download some tracks and clips from the Rocky movies for next year.

I hope this doesn’t apply to our kids private school in Bandung. Our kid did not do well in online classes in 2020. Needs the personal interaction.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudcat
Back