The Uyghur and China discussion thread

The article below should have been included in post #67 but it was published 3 days later (30 March 2021).

Operation Mockingbird: Deep State Control of the Media | CIA Media Manipulation

I find that comment rather laughable. It is a fine point but it was a Canberra cyber security firm not government but, be that as it may, it seems every country is evidently involved in hacking into other countries's systems and I say laughable as evidently Chinese military sources have been shown to be hugely involved in hacking and stealing trade secrets and other information from many countries including the US, Australia, Great Britain etc. Or do you deny the CPC organizes hacking and such assertions are another example of a CIA plot to blacken China's name.

The article below should have been included in post #67 but it was published 3 days later (30 March 2021).

Operation Mockingbird: Deep State Control of the Media | CIA Media Manipulation

Thank you for this display of where you find your True Truth™, I think it will help observers to know how seriously to take your ideas 😆

Other top story on that site:
FINAL WARNING: Obama and Pope Francis Will Bring Biblical END TIMES
by Medeea Greere April 2, 2021

Millions of people were believes in natural disaster and other artificial disasters done by government. You no need to worry about anything. You can survive yourself , your family, neighbourhoods and you loved ones with help of this program.

I wonder who this "Medeea Greere" author is, she clearly struggles with the English language. Why then is she the "editor in chief" of a this English language "news" website?

Because in democratic countries stories will be published that shows the governments' questionable activities. I cannot imagine anyone daring to publish stories in China accusing the CPC government of hacking. The attacker, when it is China, is very quiet indeed because you would quickly find yourself locked up if you broke this story in the People's Republic.
The stories do get published without people going to gaol when such stories are broken in democratic countries.

Of course not. But normally the attacker keeps quiet and the victim makes noises. In this case, it’s the reverse.
That's really not true. How do people get so many false truisms stuck in their heads?

Take China's activities in Hong Kong, for example. They are simultaneously failing to hold up their end of the bargain concerning Basic Law and complaining about the lawlessness of the citizens. They implement new draconian measures and when the citizens protest they blame the citizens.

In a more everyday sort of scenario, I have frequently seen aggressive children start a conflict and then go and complain to the teacher. If the Chinese government wanted to complain about the rest of the world hacking systems and stealing information, it would be kinda similar to this. Well, not quite, but China's exploits in the field of data theft are well reported.

The one thing we should learn from this is all countries are up to something. The US is having a go at China, but why?
That's an easy question to answer - Cash and power (as usual). China's OBOR is taking chunks out of the US's influence (Trump helped them by being a dick), and BRICS is hammering the petrodollar.
China's influence is taking over, but they're doing it with loans, building infrastructure, and getting countries into massive debt - Probably better than bombing the hell out of people as the US does, but still not nice.
As for China building military bases on islands - of course - they have to in order to counter the US carrier threat.
You may have noticed a massive US military build up since Obama's announcement of some years ago. Do you really expect China to ignore that?
Of course, propaganda tells up about the Chinese military build up, but forgets to mention the US started it.
Now we come to oil supplies, and how the US has set themselves up to blockade China's oil and coal. China replied with massive investment in renewable energy, energy storage solutions, and EVs - Now they're way ahead of the US on that as well.
Now, shall we look at how China invested in RREs while the US was closing mines, or shall we skip that save to mention the US now relies on China for it's most advanced military hardware - That including the F35?
One of Trump's more idiotic moves, his attempt to grab Greenland, wasn't quite as stupid as most think. The truth is that country has large RRE deposits and the US wants them. The fact Trump went at it like the moron he is means little, but that was the real goal (In my opinion).

However, the long and the short is all this China thing is a cash thing - Nothing to do with democracy or human rights.

"......However, the long and the short is all this China thing is a cash thing - Nothing to do with democracy or human rights."
The differences over resources and financial domination are, as you say, major determining forces in the way the US and China are shaping up in competition. But democracy and human rights are still crucial issues for the citizens in various places of these two starkly different regimes. Despite the well categorized and reported issues of poverty, discrimination and oppression of some minorities in the US I think, for most forum members, living in the US still looks to be a better option than living in China with its stultifying and Orwellian controls and denial of any fundamental rights where there is any resistance to the will of the CPC.

As for China building military bases on islands - of course - they have to in order to counter the US carrier threat.
You may have noticed a massive US military build up since Obama's announcement of some years ago. Do you really expect China to ignore that?
Of course, propaganda tells up about the Chinese military build up, but forgets to mention the US started it.
Lol. So China was forced to steal territory from its neighbors and begin a campaign of intimidation against them because of the US?

What with China being such a good and trustworthy neighbor and all, why didn't those countries just let China put up some bases on their land? Might it be because China is also claiming fishing and other rights?

China continues to occupy the Philippines' exclusive economic zone... https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...hter-jets-south-china-sea-intl-hnk/index.html

I can't figure out why you and Dave are carrying water for the CCP, but you have my sympathies. It's a hard job trying to make an authoritarian and aggressive state seem benevolent and misunderstood.

Christ, it's more breaking news from 44 years ago. Get your old-as-fuck popcorn!

Obviously, it's not for you. You are not the only one in the public garden. Some of them may not even heard of 'Operation Mockingbird', or read any of Carl Bernstein's article.

I can't figure out why you and Dave are carrying water for the CCP, but you have my sympathies. It's a hard job trying to make an authoritarian and aggressive state seem benevolent and misunderstood.

Did you intentionally leave out Balifrog?

Did you intentionally leave out Balifrog?
Nope. Not to put words in his mouth, but he seems to just want all countries to mind their own business.
You guys are trying to convince us that China = Good and Everyone Who Criticizes China's Human Rights Violations = Tricked by the CIA.

This is one video you guys (China haters) will like.

Dave, it is important to understand the difference between criticizing a loathsome regime and being "China haters." Yes, it is evident that many of the forum critics believe the CPC government is appalling for the various reasons covered so far. But it does not follow we are therefore China haters. That implies xenophobic and racist attitudes simply because we cannot share your fixated views on supporting policies of the CPC government.

I have shared houses with Chinese friends in Melbourne, Australia over several years and lived in Singapore in a Chinese neighbourhood. I am somewhat offended to be lumped under the term "China haters."

This is one video you guys (China haters) will like.
In case anyone can't be bothered to watch the video, it is basically a guy looking at an estimate of the death-toll in Afghanistan with credulity and then looking at a report about human rights violations against the Uyghur with incredulity.

To be clear, the war in Afghanistan has been horrible. It was/is a shameful period in American history, in my opinion.

Dave, it is important to understand the difference between criticizing a loathsome regime and being "China haters." Yes, it is evident that many of the forum critics believe the CPC government is appalling for the various reasons covered so far. But it does not follow we are therefore China haters. That implies xenophobic and racist attitudes simply because we cannot share your fixated views on supporting policies of the CPC government.

I have shared houses with Chinese friends in Melbourne, Australia over several years and lived in Singapore in a Chinese neighbourhood. I am somewhat offended to be lumped under the term "China haters."

Harryopal, why are you offended? I didn't mention your name.

OK then, you only hate the CPC government. This video is for you.

Did you know that the BBC in the UK (domestic broadcast) is regulated by Ofcom but not the 'BBC World Service'?

BBC World Service is not regulated by Ofcom. Instead the BBC is responsible for setting its overall strategic direction, the budget and guarding its editorial independence for World Service.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James A