America on Fire

Fire as in shoot or fire as in ooops I left the gas on

I seem to recall instances of late night disasters in the USA where woken from sleep a person has trusted their instinct and fired only to discover a dead young member of the family coming home late at night was trying to slip in through a window without disturbing the rest of the family.

And isn't that the basis of so many fatal police shootings of innocent victims where instinct said "fire"? As with the sad case of the Australian woman, Justine Damond in Minneapolis after calling police
to report the possible assault of a woman in an alley behind her house. Late night, when the police arrived she ran barefooted to the police car and was then shot dead by one of the officers.
This reminds me of the peak of the "Me Too" movement when the phrase "Trust all women" was being bandied about... It made me wonder how many black men were lynched in 1860s - 1950s US because of white mobs who "trusted" all (white) women.

Better to shoot first and ask questions later. Er on the side of safety.
Yep. Since the cops know foreigners here can't own firearms, if they see a pale face with a pistol they should just shoot him, right? They can find out what his nefarious reasons for having a felonious firearm are later.

This kind of thinking only seems reasonable to those who are either powerful or in the majority.

Considering he lives in a country where guns are prohibited, it's obvious he only wished to carry. Probably something to do about lack of masculinity or something.

Or he admires Gucci but can't afford it.

Somehow I'm just a little more than sceptical that ol' mate is a Saudi

Better to shoot first and ask questions later. Er on the side of safety.

dontworry-imfromtheinternet.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back